Thursday, April 10, 2008
Still, I'm really lucky. This NUS-UM tingy clashes with my driving test and driving lessons which I've dragged since forever. I told my parents if I go for the trip, I'll waste the circuit money and I need to buy new circuit so like it'll cost around $200. And I still need to pay for special semester and my expenditure at Msia so yepp, I'll waste alot of money. Hati sakit sia! But my parents (especially my mummy) said it's ok cause' learning is more important and I should go ahead with it.. I'm like really really touched, but felt really really guilty at the same time.. But ya, it'll be a super good opportunity cause' social work in Msia is really different and we get to go to the rural areas and stuff AHHHHHHHHHHHH!! So exciting!!
Anyway everything is not confirmed yet cause' there's this selection process which is super scary and I very well might not get it cause' I'm not zai enough compared to the other zai social work majors and I've all the bad luck this year! I fear failures but I know I've to deal with it. And like what we kept saying during seminar just now 'what doesn't kill you make you stronger'! And what's the worst that can happen? HAA if I don't get it then I'll just go for my driving test! (:
I'm thankful! Thanks mummy, daddy, Willie, Saleha, Jasmine for all the advices and stuff (:
Still, if I go for the trip I'll sacrifice my Bintan trip with 2A, driving test, Studiowu recital and all the dance classes ): Goodness!
Anyway, today's seminar was really really intense. It's about secrets. We were supposed to write a secret, put it in a bag, take someone else's secret, read it, put yourself in the person's shoes and share your feelings about it without revealing the content. It was crazily stressful and I couldn't breathe most of the time! You might think I'm exaggerating it but with the setting, with the secret I had, it wasn't surprising I had all these emotions. Some even cried.. Ya, it was THAT intense. Anyway from this whole experience, I realised that perhaps being empathic, congruent and giving unconditional positive regard is sufficient in a therepeutic relationship (: It's like there's intervention even without any content which is really amazing! Also, I feel priviledged that clients actually share their 'secrets' with us, things they might not even tell those closest to them. It takes alot of courage to trust someone with your secrets, whats more, someone you don't really know. Who are we to know all these stuff, who are we.. it's like we're really a priviledged bunch.
Really thought-provoking.. I love Tim Sim's lectures (: